Home Forums Piano Related Discussions Instruments Homemade piano stand

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Dennis Dooley 2 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dennis Dooley
    Participant
    @DennisDooley

I discovered something rather unusual on the Piano World Forum. This has to do more with carpentry than music.

This guy built a stand for his digital keyboard — but not just any stand. He essentially built an upright piano case where his keyboard sits as on a regular upright piano. I thought the idea was brilliant.

To take this idea one step further, one could build a grand piano case…

This is the link to the photos:
    https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2542316/homemade-piano-stand.html#Post2542316

William_IV
    Participant
    @William_IV

I checked this out, as a woodworker my point of view was that he did a nice job looks like he used some painted oak however he should have made the front panel open in a way that he could hide his computer inside. And while at it he should have used a piano hinge and made a fold down cover for his keys. nice job though.

Dennis Dooley
    Participant
    @DennisDooley

Hi William.

I do woodwork too, and I fully agree with your comments. Most likely, afer he had finished he would have thought of this. If he is like me, after it’s done I think of all the things I could have done better. 😀

I wouldn’t have painted it blue. If he is using a nice wood, maybe he should have gone with a nice stain and urethane finish.

At any rate I have to give him an “A” for the concept.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.